Details Emerge On Anambra Govt Involvement With Fake Federal Agency

Image

Details Emerge On Anambra Govt Involvement With Fake Federal Agency

By Damilare Adeleye

Click for Full Image Size

Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo (Anambra State Governor)

Fresh details have emerged on how the Anambra State Government became involved with a purported Federal Government agency that was later identified as fake by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission.

The organisation, which claimed to operate under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, had initiated plans to organise a Made-in-Nigeria Fair in Anambra State before the ICPC uncovered the alleged fraud.

The development followed the nomination of the state’s Secretary to the State Government, Mrs Chiamaka Nnake, as Anambra’s focal person for the purported agency.

Nnake, in a statement titled, “Clarification on the ‘Made-in-Nigeria Agency’ and My Role as State Focal Person,” explained that the state government had been formally approached by the organisation earlier in the year.

According to her, Governor Chukwuma Soludo received a letter in January 2026 from the purported Made-in-Nigeria Office, which claimed to be domiciled in the Office of the SGF and requested the nomination of a focal person for Anambra.

She said the state subsequently nominated a representative, while focal persons from the 36 states were added to a WhatsApp group where discussions were held concerning the activities of the purported office.

Nnake further disclosed that the organisation later wrote to the Anambra State Government seeking approval to host the South-East Made-in-Nigeria Fair in the state.

She said the request was approved by the government, leading to an inaugural planning meeting held about two weeks ago, which was attended by the individual presented as the National Coordinator of the purported agency.

“Since then, the State Committee has been working on preparations for the Fair, which is scheduled to take place from December 2 to 5, 2026,” she said.

However, the SSG said the state government’s involvement was based entirely on official communications it received from the organisation and that she had no knowledge of activities outside those engagements.

“Beyond these official interactions and engagements, I have no knowledge of, involvement in, or connection with any other activities, claims or developments attributed to the said office,” Nnake stated.

She added that any activities or claims linked to the purported agency beyond the official engagements with the Anambra State Government were outside her knowledge and involvement.

The clarification comes amid growing scrutiny of the activities of the organisation after the ICPC reportedly established that it was not a genuine Federal Government agency.

The development has also raised questions about how the purported office was able to initiate engagements with state governments and secure official participation in its activities before its status was questioned.

Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

Originally published on www.thenigerianvoice.com


Share: